WATER-BASED FIRE RETARDANT PAINT
Water-Based Fire Retardant Paint is a thin-film waterborne, decorative, protective coatings designed to reduce the spread of flames in the event of fire. These coatings have the appearance of traditional paints and varnishes, comply with building and fire codes, and give the substrate rated flame spread protection.
- Achieves the equivalent to Class 2, CNS Standard 11728.
- Can be over-coated with waterborne latex paints.
- Fast and easy application.
- One part water-based product.
- Decorative and protective matt finish coating.
|Tools||Nylon / Polyester Brush, Sponge Paint Roller, Sprayer|
|Drying Time||Touch Dry 30 Minutes, Recoat 2-6 Hours (at 25°C)|
|Thickness||See Coverage for reference|
|Viscosity||6,000-8,000 m.Pas at 25°C|
|Available Size||1 Gallon|
|Shelf Life||12 months unopened condition|
|Color||White, 70 Lily White|
- Remove all loose paint and defective paint if possible, oil, fluid, moss or other substances on the surface. In severe cases, wash the surface with water, make sure the surface is completely dried and clean. All holes cracks must be properly patched.
- Product must be completely agitated (mechanically or manually) before use.
- Intermix containers of same product to ensure color and seen uniformity.
- Dilution is not recommended. However if the dilution is required, do not dilute more than 20% of clean water.
- Application at the recommended film thickness / practical coverage when application to new surfaces. See Technical Data below for more details.